Gloss Meter, Picogloss 503, Elektrophysik
Gloss Meter Model : PICOGLOSS 503, Elektrophysik Germany
- The PICOGLOSS 503 is a compact, portable three angle gloss meter with measuring geometries of 20°, 60° and 85°, for standardised measurements (in accordance with DIN, ISO, ASTM, BS and JIS) of all three gloss ranges high gloss, medium gloss and low gloss - thus it is almost universally applicable.
- The PICOGLOSS 503 is operated by way of a scroll wheel using a simple, user-friendly navigation on the display. The measuring procedure is started by actuating a key that is located at the side in an ergonomic manner.
- In case of e. g. high gloss metallic or chromium plated surfaces the instrument switches over automatically to mirror gloss measurement.
- The integrated USB (Mini) as well as Bluetooth ® interfaces enable the data transmission to a PC. Additionally, also the power supply can be provided through the integrated USB (Mini) interface, by a PC. The PICOGLOSS 503 is catched in a handy ever ready case which also houses the calibration standard .
The menu prompting is multi-lingual; switchable to English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese and Russain.
In addition to the measuring and calibration values, the high-contrast LC display shows the current mode as well as messages and instructions.
Calibation and automatic check
For the calibration only one calibration standard is required. After key pressure the calibration routine runs automatically. The calibration value is stored in the PICOGLOSS 503. After switching on the instrument a self-test of approx. 2 seconds is made automatically assessing also the condition of the standard. If necessary, a check or cleaning of the calibrating standard is recommended on the display.
The instrument switches over automatically e. g. in case of high-gloss metallic or chromium-plated surfaces the reflection values of which exceed the standard
- - 20° 0 - 2000 GU
- 60° 0 - 1000 GU
- - 85° 0 - 160 GU.
- (GU = gloss units)
With this the current value, the average value as well as the minimum and maximum values are indicated.
Evaluation software loss-link
Software for data transmission for memory reading or online measurement with a test report compiled beforehand.
In the statistic mode several measurements ( 2 to 99) can be carried out on each specimen. These are evaluated statistically and displayed. The results can be stored and compared with a reference. There is a choice of three different columns in the display: - current value, average value, minimum/maximum value - spread, standard deviation, difference, - pass / fail (within/out of tolerance in comparison with the reference).
- Accuracy Range: 0 - 99.9 GU
- Repeatability: 0.2 GU
- Reproducibility: 0.5 GU
- Range: 100 - 2000 GU
- Repeatability: 0.2 %
- Reproducibility: 0.5 %